1 yellow/vanilla box cake, prepared as directed on packaging, let cool
1 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
4 cups whole milk or whipping cream
1 8 oz. container of whipped topping, thawed
some cinnamon to sprinkle on top
1. Prepare cake as directed. I actually used additional milk in place of the water called for in cake batter. Bake per directions, then cool completely.
2. Mix together sweet. cond. milk, evap. milk and whole milk/whipping cream.
3. Poke a bunch of holes (using fork or something the size of a pencil) all over the cake.
4. Slowly pour the milk mix over the entire cake, allowing it to soak up the milks.
5. Cover and refrigerate for a couple of hours, again, allowing cake to soak up milks.
6. Before serving, top with whipped topping and sprinkle with some cinnamon. You could also replace the cinnamon with fresh berries on top.
Now I was actually able to double up this recipe with 2 box cakes. Then I added about an additional cup of whole milk into the milk mixture. Worked great!