Thursday, August 4, 2011

Lime & Garlic Shrimp - Copycat!

Okay, so it's been a LONG while since I last posted, which was only my initial post of this blog, but I think I am ready to dedicate some good time to it now!  With our India trip out of the way, and summer vacation behind us (yes, we started homeschooling a little early this year), I'm ready to start posting my recipe collection.  Now, my disclaimer is that I cannot guarantee that these are original recipes, thought of only by me.  Is that even possible anyway?  Most of us find recipes from cookbooks, internet and loved ones, and often just add a little twist to make them our own.  Unfortunatly, this recipe is not original, but sure is good!  A copycat recipe, in honor of our family favorite restaurant...Chili's!

Chili's copycat Lime Garlic Shrimp
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper, cayenne pepper, parsley, garlic pwdr (or salt), paprika
1/8 thyme, onion pwdr
24 shrimp (1 lb.)
1 clove garlic, minced
juice of 1 lime
2 Tbsp. butter, melted

Mix all the spices together.  Place the shrimp in a medium bowl, along with garlic, lime juice and butter. Add spices and toss well.  Marinate for 30 mins. Place on skewers and grill/broil for a few minutes until done. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment