Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A New Blog

I have been playing with the idea of starting a food blog. I'm in the kitchen so often, that as I'm cooking, I often think of my recipes of something that others may enjoy trying as well!  My collection of recipes continues to grow as I experiment with different foods, dishes and cultures.  For the past 3 years, I've tried many Indian recipes, of which can be a very daunting task, considering that each region and state and caste (and so on...) of India is so varied that you would probably never be able to learn everything.  I've also recently become interested in how to make recipes healthier, so I will do my best, and would definitely appreciate any kind suggestions in this quest. 

So, for my first recipe, I have chosen a beloved Oatmeal-Cinnamon Muffin recipe. They are easy and yummy! A favorite with all my church friends & family.

Oatmeal-Cinnamon Muffins

1 1/3 c. flour
3/4 c. oats
1/3 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. milk
1/4 c. oil
1 egg, beaten

Heat oven to 400 degrees.  Grease 12 cup muffin tin or use paper liners.  Mix together all dry ingredients. Then add milk, oil and egg, until just combined.  Divide into muffin tin.  Bake 15-20 mins.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment