Thursday, November 1, 2012

Perfect Pioneer Pot Roast

Well, this is the time of year when you bring back the comfort foods! You know, the ones that are both hearty and help warm up the house.  Especially the ones that cook all day and fill your house with the most amazing aromas, and make you wish it was dinner-time!  On my last grocery shopping trip I decided to pick up a roast.  Now I have to say that I've always imagined these tasting better than I have ever cooked them, so a little reluctance and resignation accompanied my decision.  You see, I just didn't ever have a great recipe.  My roast always tasted pretty bland and disappointing, and so decided it was time to scour the internet (yet again) for a better recipe.  Lo-and-behold, "eureka! I found it!" Of course I cannot take credit for it, but definitely wanted to pass it on to my friends, family and followers.  I cannot even try to replicate the georgeous photography that The Pioneer Woman produced on her website, so I'll just aim you that direction.  I'll say that I tweaked it ever so slightly myself (adding potatoes and mushrooms to mine), and my son even added his own condiment of choice to the meat (bbq sauce!), but all in all, it turned out to be one of the best tasting roasts I've ever made!  Reminiscent of Mimi's Cafe (well, at least in my simple mind), lol!  Here's the link...hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/09/2008_the_year_of_the_pot_roast/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment